The Upton County Sheriff's Department will always accept applications for the
positions of Deputy Sheriff, Jailer and Dispatcher.
Complete and file a legible application with all required documents and send to:
UPTON COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 27
RANKIN TX. 79778
If you have questions, contact (432)-693-2422.
- You are responsible for obtaining correct names, addresses, and phone numbers for your application. If information cannot be verified due to incorrect/missing information, your application may be disqualified.
- List all past employers (even if self-employed) and account for any time unemployed since age of 18. If there is insufficient space on the form, attached extra sheet and reference the relevant section.
- Be sure to include all relevant names, dates, supervisors names, and state clearly why you left each place of employment.
OPTIONAL ATTACHMENTS TO APPLICATION
- Resumes, Certificates, reference letters, Copy of Military form DD-214 showing honorable discharge, if ever in military
- Must pass a written examination
- Must appear for all requested examinations and interviews
- Must pass a psychological examination
- Must pass a polygraph examination, if requested
- Background investigations that will be conducted and must be acceptable include:
- Criminal records
- Driving records
- Credit history
- Employment history
- General background investigation with respect to references and others who can verify applicant conduct
- Review Board
- Physical Exam, and drug test
- Vision must be correctable to 20/20.
APPLICANTS MAY BE REJECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT AT ANY POINT IN THE PROCESS. Any misrepresentation or omission in the application or other forms will be grounds for rejection or dismissal.
Upton County Sheriffs Department
SHERIFF William Mitch Upchurch
P.O. Box 27
Rankin, Texas 79778
The Upton County Sheriff's Department is always looking for hard working, qualified individuals to apply.
Upton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.